An Ode...



I thought life had a reason for everything,

That 'twas essential to find my 'calling'

To find reasons to be happy, to live, and love!

A reason to relish, cherish or remember!

After imploring for reasons all along,

I was exhausted and decided to pause.

Then,

I saw you. And you pursued that pause.

You – a companion, teacher, and guide!

I scrounged for a reason to wake up,

And you became the reason yourself!

I wondered if I had a reason to smile,

Yet, your verses made me smile effortlessly!

I looked around for a reason to write,

You made me see that I didn’t need one!

Betwixt striving to find all the right reasons &

Learning to look beyond them at times,

I unearthed a new lease of life – One,

That our beautiful relationship lent me!

 

PS: Books have been an inevitable part of my life almost all along. Most importantly, they have been my companion in moments of solitude & introspection. This is an ode to all my favourite books stacked up in my shelf... waiting for me to come back to them :)


Do check out my popular posts

March on...

Pause before you pace

The Chevalière's Revenge

A King in his realm...

Satyavan Savithri - Poetic Take

Dawn - A New Beginning

Happiness - Short Poem

Deceit!

Tuesday's Thoughts