Growth, Success and Failures

Image credits : Unsplash

Growth, Success and Failures. 

These are mere words that have different meanings yet inextricably woven in the path of our life.  

I wanted to excel at a certain something and conquer my fears. Yet, seldom I realized that to succeed in it, I have to be patient. I sat in a corner – frayed, not wanting to move ahead because either I wanted it all or none at all. Success was all that meant to me; Growth didn’t bring a smile upon my face. But it took me time to realize that life doesn’t work that way. Things happen at a certain pace. It involves unrelenting dedication, the ability to face your failures head on, learning from your past mistakes and striding ahead stronger to reach there. It takes time. It takes patience. It takes perseverance.

Sometimes, even though you think you’ve done it all as per the rulebook you've been following, your plans happen to go hay way. But it would be wrong to beat yourself up for that. It is necessary to understand that what really is unforgivable is the fact that you never put your heart and soul into it rather than failing after giving your best. When you did put your soul into it, the failure (though heart breaking) would be truthful to your conscience.

In the end, I have come to realize that growth is growth no matter how trivial it is. I have made consensus with the fact that rather than fretting over the success I haven’t attained yet, I’d appreciate myself for the growth I have achieved. Hope for the best and trust your life journey. 

Do let me know if you have faced similar internal conflicts! :)

PS: That said, it is pertinent to note that growth can never be made an excuse for our mediocrity. Growth is only an appreciation of how far we have traversed and an indication of how far we have to travel ahead. 

-  Swetha Narayanan

Do check out my popular posts

March on...

Pause before you pace

The Chevalière's Revenge

An Ode...

A King in his realm...

Satyavan Savithri - Poetic Take

Dawn - A New Beginning

Happiness - Short Poem

Deceit!

Tuesday's Thoughts