Math - A misery?

Image credits : Unsplash 


Numbers crawl on me and choke me tight, 

I twitch, cry and struggle – put up a fight; 

I watch the shapes and signs twist and turn, 

Moaning at appalling memories they churn; 

Integral signs entangling like Grim Reaper, 

Vehemently – like the crawling creepers; 

Massive cavalries of trig – sine and cosine, 

Forcefully march their way into my mind, 

I shut the book and fling it out the window 

I go to bed, snuggling myself in a pillow; 

In my dreams, I traverse afar – into a land, 

With no math, with my worst fears canned; 

I watch an empire of square roots – topple, 

Watching them fall into their own debacle; 

I let out an evil laugh, but it lasted a moment, 

As what followed next, made my soul lament; 

I wake up in a sweat, I had a nasty dream, 

A dream, that ripped me off my self-esteem; 

I miserably failed in math yet again! 

Oh, mind me! Even though it’s been years, 

Of dwelling in deep self-loathing and tears; 

Years – since I cut ties, shoved it in my past, 

I wait in patience for a bandage to be cast; 

To heal the wounds, and the scars it left, 

For the times, it left me utterly depressed! 

Do check out my popular posts

March on...

The Chevalière's Revenge

An Ode...

Pause before you pace

A King in his realm...

Dawn - A New Beginning

Satyavan Savithri - Poetic Take

Tuesday's Thoughts

Deceit!

My Epiphanies